ABOUT BUY EAT LIVE BETTER
Brought to you by Montana State University Extension, Buy Eat Live Better supports low-income Montanans in making the healthy choice the easy choice through a dual focus on nutrition and physical activity education and partnering with local and statewide organizations to improve policies, systems, and environments that support healthy behaviors. Some of our partners include schools, food banks, farmers' markets, and local health coalitions.
Through a 6-9 week series of nutrition classes, county and reservation-based nutrition educators lead interactive lessons for adults and youth across the state to help families with:
- Easy meal planning according to MyPlate
- Stretching limited food dollars
- Increasing physical activity
- Discovering tasty ways to eat healthy
- Improving skills for safe food handling and preparation
Buy Eat Live Better is supported by two USDA grants: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed), in partnership with the Montana Department of Health and Human Services and the United States Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Service, and the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP), in partnership with the USDA National Institute for Food and Agriculture.
Yearly program impacts can be viewed here:
- Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
- MSU Extension 2019 Health and Nutrition Statewide Needs Assessment
This Institution Is An Equal Opportunity Provider.